Format & Call Letters
Classic Country - WYSH & WQLA
WYSH & WQLA are Anderson County's Classic Hit Country stations!
We're proud to be locally owned and operate with a focus on the community we call home.
With many beloved programs such as Trading Time and Ask Your Neighbor, WYSH & WQLA are your sources for local news, sports, and information.
WYSH & WQLA plays the biggest Country music artists in America today.
WYSH & WQLA targets Affluent Baby Boomers 50-68 Years Old & Adults 25-54.The Country Music format year to year continues to remain one of the most popular music formats in America today and one of the best performing formats for advertisers.
We play the Icons of Country Music! WYSH & WQLA listeners tune in to hear the biggest Country artists such as Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Charlie Rich, Charley Pride, Wynonna Judd, George Strait, Eric Church, Oak Ridge Boys, Marty Robbins, Reba McEntire, Tammy Wynette, George Jones, Alan Jackson, Alabama, Garth Brooks, Hank Williams, Dolly Parton, Merle Haggard, Randy Travis, Blake Shelton, Vince Gill, Faith Hill, The Judds, Ricky Skaggs, Shania Twain, Clint Black, and more.
The WYSH & WQLA Country music format is quickly becoming a very popular at work choice for listeners.
WYSH & WQLA allows advertisers to reach a large affluent active consumer group in their prime spending years that can’t be reached with any other station.
WYSH & WQLAhas wide demographic appeal with consumers who have purchasing power!
Age Composition: WYSH & WQLA targets Affluent Baby Boomers in the 50-68 and 25-54 age group. Most of Country Radio listeners in America fall into the 25-64 age group.
- Over 20% of Country listeners in America are adults 45 to 54 years old.
- Over 16% of Country listeners in America are adults 55 to 64 years old.
- Almost 15% of Country listeners in America are adults 35 to 44 years old.
- Over 15% of Country listeners in America are adults 25-34 years old.
- Over 15 % of Country listeners in America are adults 65+.
Gender: Country listeners in America have approximately a 50/50 split between males and female.
Household Income: WYSH & WQLA listeners have high earning power.
- Over 25% of Country listeners in America has an income over $75,000.
- Almost 25% of Country listeners in America has an income of $50,000 - $74,999.
- Almost 30% of Country listeners in America has an income of $25,000 - $49,999.
Occupation: WYSH & WQLA listeners are employed as Owners, Managers or Professionals, employed as Tradespeople, employed in the Sales and Service industry and are employed as Administrators or Clerical staff.
Education: WYSH & WQLA listeners are well educated and the majority have attended college.
Investments: WYSH & WQLA targets listeners who have high incomes and invest in real estate, mutual funds, stocks/bonds, retirement programs, savings accounts, etc.
Activity: WYSH & WQLA attracts listeners who actively participate in exercise and fitness, boating, biking, golfing, hunting, ATVing, camping, hiking, and going to the cottage on weekends. These listeners dine out frequently, attend local and regional sporting events and concerts.
Market your business to thousands of potential new customers each week with WYSH & WQLA.
WYSH & WQLAlisteners are in their prime earning and spending years.
WYSH & WQLA targets homeowners. A huge category for these consumers is home improvement.
Home Spending: Started or completed in the past 2 years:
- Interior painting/wallpaper
- Landscaping or yard improvements
- Exterior painting/staining
- Energy conservation projects
- Floor tiles or vinyl flooring
- Installed windows or doors
- Other home projects
The WYSH & WQLA is targeted to reach active consumers in their prime spending years.
WYSH & WQLA Listeners Have Purchasing Power
WYSH & WQLA targets affluent consumers with high disposable income.
- Purchase a wide variety of electronic devices including computers, tablets, smartphones, MP3 players, video games, HDTVs, digital video recorders (TiVo) and digital cameras.
- Are big consumers of furniture, major appliances, and automobiles.
- Purchased fine and costume jewelry, cosmetics, perfume, and skin care products.
- Enjoy going out to restaurants often every month.
- In the past year purchased men and women's clothing, infant and children clothing, men's and woman's shoes and accessories.
WYSH & WQLA is committed to delivering the best value for advertisers today delivering an audience in their prime purchasing years.
We Target The Most Powerful Demographic Force In American History
Every year, the U.S. Consumer Expenditure Survey shows adults 55-64 outspend the average consumer in nearly every category, from food, household furnishing, entertainment, personal care, gifts, etc.
- Boomers will make-up HALF of the entire U.S. population.
- Boomers control HALF of the nation’s aggregate household spending.
- Adults 50+ will continue to be the most powerful consumers in the marketplace.
-The US Census shows the senior age group is for the first time the largest in terms of size and percent of the population in the U.S.
-Over the next 30 years, the 65+ population will be larger than the younger generations.
-The 50+ population has $2.4 trillion in annual income, which accounts for 42% of all after-tax income in the U.S. (Consumer Expenditure Survey).
-Boomers and seniors have a net worth 3x that of younger generations (Economic Policy Institute).
-Baby boomers account for nearly $230 billion, or 55% of consumer packaged goods sales (Nielsen).
-Boomers spend $157 billion on trips every year (NextAvenue).
-Americans 50+ account for half of all consumer spending.
-Boomers outspend younger adults online 2:1 on a per-capita basis (Forrester).
WYSH & WQLA delivers listeners with a high disposable income in their prime spending years.
WYSH & WQLA Coverage Maps
To Learn More How Radio Can Help
Grow Your Business Click Here