Format & Call Letters
Total Country - WMYL FM
96.7 Merle FM plays the biggest Country music artists in America today and the all-time Legends of Country music.
96.7 Merle FM targets affluent listeners 25 to 54 years old with the core audience in the 35-54 demographic.
Approximately 42,000 listeners tune into 96.7 Merle FM each week making it a must buy for advertisers.
The Country Music format year to year continues to remain one of the most popular music formats in America today and one of the best performing formats for advertisers.
We play The Legends and Today's Top Artists of Country Music! 96.7 Merle FM listeners tune in to hear the biggest Country artists such as Garth Brooks, Shania Twain, Alabama, The Judds, Vince Gill, Randy Travis, Alan Jackson, Keith Urban, Tricia Yearwood, Brooks & Dunn, Clint Black, Faith Hill, George Strait, Tim McGraw, Hank Williams Jr and many more.
96.7 Merle FM Country music format is quickly becoming a very popular at work choice for listeners.
96.7 Merle FM allows advertisers to reach a large affluent active consumer group in their prime spending years that can’t be reached with any other station.
96.7 Merle FM has wide demographic appeal with consumers who have purchasing power!
Age Composition: 96.7 Merle FM targets Affluent Baby Boomers in the 25 to 54 age group. Most of Country Radio listeners in America fall into the 25-64 age group.
- Over 20% of Country listeners in America are adults 45 to 54 years old.
- Over 16% of Country listeners in America are adults 55 to 64 years old.
- Almost 15% of Country listeners in America are adults 35 to 44 years old.
- Over 15% of Country listeners in America are adults 25-34 years old.
- Over 15 % of Country listeners in America are adults 65+.
Gender: Country listeners in America have approximately a 50/50 split between males and female.
Occupation:96.7 Merle FM listeners are employed as Owners, Managers or Professionals, employed as Tradespeople, employed in the Sales and Service industry and are employed as Administrators or Clerical staff.
Household Income: 96.7 Merle FM listeners have high earning power.
- Over 25% of Country listeners in America has an income over $75,000.
- Almost 25% of Country listeners in America has an income of $50,000 - $74,999.
- Almost 30% of Country listeners in America has an income of $25,000 - $49,999.
Education: 96.7 Merle FM listeners are well educated. The majority of 96.7 Merle FM listeners have attended college.
Investments: 96.7 Merle FM targets listeners who have high incomes and invest in real estate, mutual funds, stocks/bonds, retirement programs, savings accounts, etc.
Activity: 96.7 Merle FM attracts listeners who actively participate in exercise and fitness, boating, biking, golfing, hunting, ATVing, camping, hiking, and going to the cottage on weekends. These listeners dine out frequently, attend local and regional sporting events and concerts.
Market your business to thousands of potential new customers each week with 96.7 Merle FM.
96.7 Merle FM listeners are in their prime earning and spending years.
96.7 Merle FM targets home owners. A huge category with these consumers is home improvement.
Home Spending: Started or completed in the past 2 years:
- Interior painting/wall paper
- Landscaping or yard improvements
- Exterior painting/staining
- Energy conservation projects
- Floor tiles or vinyl flooring
- Installed windows or doors
- Other home projects
96.7 Merle FM is targeted to reach active consumers in their prime spending years.
96.7 Merle FM Listeners Have Purchasing Power
96.7 Merle FM targets affluent consumers with high disposable income.
- Purchase a wide variety of electronic devices including computers, tablets, smartphones, MP3 players, video games, HDTVs, digital video recorders (TiVo) and digital cameras.
- Are big consumers of furniture, major appliances, and automobiles.
- Purchased fine and costume jewelry, cosmetics, perfume, and skin care products.
- Enjoy going out to restaurants often every month.
- In the past year purchased men and women's clothing, infant and children clothing, men's and women's shoes and accessories.
96.7 Merle FM is committed to delivering the best value for advertisers today delivering an audience in their prime purchasing years.
Start Your Day With Wilhite and Wall
WMYL, Merle FM brings Wilhite and Wall back to Knoxville Morning Radio
Darren Wilhite and Tim Wall are excited to be back on the air in East Tennessee. Spending close to 7 years cheering on the Vols in the 90s just up the radio dial before moving on to places like Detroit and Kansas City.
Wilhite and Wall have been honored twice by the CMA for their show. Picking up one of those CMA honors while they were here in Knoxville. They were nominated for a third while in Kansas City. They are the only morning team in America to be a finalist in 3 different CMA categories.
Darren and Tim have broadcast their show in Russia, Germany, Finland, and England and never got deported!
They are one of the longest running morning shows in the U.S. with plenty of gas left in the tank and are proud to be back waking up East Tennessee on Merle FM.
Station owner Ron Meredith says, "we are very happy to bring this award-winning team back to Knoxville radio.
"Merle FM has seen a number of Knoxville's most talented broadcasting professionals move down the dial to help continue the growth of Knoxville's last locally owned Country station."
- 9 AM - 3 PM Phil Jarnagin - Uncle Phil takes you through your workday with the best Total Country.
- 3 PM - 7 PM Jack Ryan - CMA personality of the year and 11 nominations. Jack is an East Tennessee favorite.
- 7 PM - 12 MID Outlaw Nation - Country music you will not hear anywhere else mixed with a little southern rock.
96.7 Merle FM Coverage Map
To Learn More How Radio Can Help
Grow Your Business Click Here