Format & Call Letters
Total Country - WMYL FM
96.7 Merle FM plays the biggest Country music artists in America today and the all-time Legends of Country music.
96.7 Merle FM targets affluent listeners 25 to 54 years old with the core audience in the 35-54 demographic.
Approximately 42,000 listeners tune into 96.7 Merle FM each week making it a must buy for advertisers.
The Country Music format year to year continues to remain one of the most popular music formats in America today and one of the best performing formats for advertisers.
We play The Legends and Today's Top Artists of Country Music! 96.7 Merle FM listeners tune in to hear the biggest Country artists such as Garth Brooks, Shania Twain, Alabama, The Judds, Vince Gill, Randy Travis, Alan Jackson, Keith Urban, Tricia Yearwood, Brooks & Dunn, Clint Black, Faith Hill, George Strait, Tim McGraw, Hank Williams Jr and many more.
96.7 Merle FM Country music format is quickly becoming a very popular at work choice for listeners.
96.7 Merle FM allows advertisers to reach a large affluent active consumer group in their prime spending years that can’t be reached with any other station.
96.7 Merle FM has wide demographic appeal with consumers who have purchasing power!
Age Composition: 96.7 Merle FM targets Affluent Baby Boomers in the 25 to 54 age group. Most of Country Radio listeners in America fall into the 25-64 age group.
- Over 20% of Country listeners in America are adults 45 to 54 years old.
- Over 16% of Country listeners in America are adults 55 to 64 years old.
- Almost 15% of Country listeners in America are adults 35 to 44 years old.
- Over 15% of Country listeners in America are adults 25-34 years old.
- Over 15 % of Country listeners in America are adults 65+.
Gender: Country listeners in America have approximately a 50/50 split between males and female.
Occupation:96.7 Merle FM listeners are employed as Owners, Managers or Professionals, employed as Tradespeople, employed in the Sales and Service industry and are employed as Administrators or Clerical staff.
Household Income: 96.7 Merle FM listeners have high earning power.
- Over 25% of Country listeners in America has an income over $75,000.
- Almost 25% of Country listeners in America has an income of $50,000 - $74,999.
- Almost 30% of Country listeners in America has an income of $25,000 - $49,999.
Education: 96.7 Merle FM listeners are well educated. The majority of 96.7 Merle FM listeners have attended college.
Investments: 96.7 Merle FM targets listeners who have high incomes and invest in real estate, mutual funds, stocks/bonds, retirement programs, savings accounts, etc.
Activity: 96.7 Merle FM attracts listeners who actively participate in exercise and fitness, boating, biking, golfing, hunting, ATVing, camping, hiking, and going to the cottage on weekends. These listeners dine out frequently, attend local and regional sporting events and concerts.
Market your business to thousands of potential new customers each week with 96.7 Merle FM.
96.7 Merle FM listeners are in their prime earning and spending years.
96.7 Merle FM targets home owners. A huge category with these consumers is home improvement.
Home Spending: Started or completed in the past 2 years:
- Interior painting/wall paper
- Landscaping or yard improvements
- Exterior painting/staining
- Energy conservation projects
- Floor tiles or vinyl flooring
- Installed windows or doors
- Other home projects
96.7 Merle FM is targeted to reach active consumers in their prime spending years.
96.7 Merle FM Listeners Have Purchasing Power
96.7 Merle FM targets affluent consumers with high disposable income.
- Purchase a wide variety of electronic devices including computers, tablets, smartphones, MP3 players, video games, HDTVs, digital video recorders (TiVo) and digital cameras.
- Are big consumers of furniture, major appliances, and automobiles.
- Purchased fine and costume jewelry, cosmetics, perfume, and skin care products.
- Enjoy going out to restaurants often every month.
- In the past year purchased men and women's clothing, infant and children clothing, men's and woman's shoes and accessories.
96.7 Merle FM is committed to delivering the best value for advertisers today delivering an audience in their prime purchasing years.
Start Your Day With Big D & Bubba on 96.7 Merle FM
When you're sitting in the car wondering if the person in the next car over in traffic thinks that you've lost your mind because you are seemingly laughing hysterically to yourself, or sitting in the parking lot at your destination waiting for us to finish a topic, silly phone call, interview, game or conversation.....We are right there with you.
And with you all the way. We know how crazy life can be....and we want to be your goofy, chubby, best radio-friend refuge from the harsh reality of being pulled 100 different directions by your spouse, kids, boss, coworkers, etc.
If you are new to the show,...um......hi! We hope to get to know you and hope that you put up with us long enough to get to know us as well.
By the way...because EVERYONE asks us.....We met in 1996 in Baton Rouge, La., where Big D was hosting a morning show and Bubba was hosting afternoons. We immediately hit it off, both on and off the air, and ended up pairing up to co-host a show together at the ripe old ages of 24!
Wake up with Big D & Bubba weekday mornings on 96.7 Merle FM.
- 9 AM - 3 PM Phil Jarnagin - Uncle Phil takes you through your workday with the best Total Country.
- 3 PM - 7 PM Jack Ryan - CMA personality of the year and 11 nominations. Jack is an East Tennessee favorite.
- 7 PM - 12 MID Outlaw Nation - Country music you will not hear anywhere else mixed with a little southern rock.
96.7 Merle FM Coverage Map
To Learn More How Radio Can Help
Grow Your Business Click Here